While it may seem easy to clean your car after you have applied ceramic coating, there are some nuances that you need to keep in mind. Before you spend your hard earned money on a professional ceramic coating spray, it is important to understand the basics.
If you’re new to car paint protection, and your car has just been detailed, you might be overwhelmed with questions such as “How do you care for my car after ceramic coated?” and “When is the best time to wash my car after ceramic coated.” We’re glad you came to this page in search of information about car detailing maintenance.
What is Ceramic Coating?
Let’s start by understanding what ceramic coating is and how it can be used to clean your car.
A ceramic coating of high quality, such as Nexgen Clay Spray or Torque Detail, is a liquid polymer that bonds with the paint to create a protective layer. Ceramic coating sprays provide protection against UV damage, swirl marks and stains, as well as rust.
Many car owners that I know love their cars to shine like new. Ceramic coatings will allow you to keep your car’s paintwork shiny and fresh for longer.
A ceramic coating will resist water if properly applied and cured. This is due to its hydrophobic qualities. Mud and grime will not be able to bond to the paint of your vehicle’s car if it isn’t. It is possible to remove contaminants with minimal effort. Usually, washing and rinsing the car will suffice to restore its glossiness without any additional polishing or waxing.
How to Wash Your Car the First Time You Apply Ceramic Coating
Ceramic coatings may keep your car cleaner longer by repelling dirt, water and other contaminants. However, you still need to clean your vehicle frequently to maintain its appearance.
How you wash your car after a ceramic coating has been applied can impact how it performs over the long-term and how it retains its protective properties and looks. It is not recommended that you wash your car for more than 7 days after coating. This allows the coating on your vehicle to fully cure. To prevent contamination buildup, it is recommended that you clean your vehicle at least once a month after the seven-day period has expired.
Are you unsure how to clean your car after a ceramic coating? What wash method should you use to avoid scratching? These ceramic coating maintenance tips are your best bets.
- Avoid using an automatic car wash to wash your car. This will cause micro scratches and mar your car’s finish. Because automatic car washes use highly abrasive bristles, they can retain contaminants that are scratch-prone from previous washes.
- You can hand wash your vehicle, but not in direct sunlight.
- Regularly clean your car. Even though ceramic coating will keep your vehicle from getting dirt fast, it is still important to clean it regularly to avoid contaminant buildup.
- You should remove any contaminants such as bird droppings, tree sap, or bug splasher from your car paint immediately.
- Professional car wash products are recommended. Use a gentle car wash soap that is pH neutral. Your coating does half of the cleaning so you don’t need to use a heavy car shampoo. The ceramic coating and paint will be damaged by aggressive chemicals.
- Two buckets are the best way to wash your car after you have applied ceramic coating. Two buckets are used to wash your car after applying ceramic coating. One bucket is for shampoo and the other one is for water.
- Use a microfiber towel to dry the vehicle. These towels are great for drying and picking up microorganisms like bacteria and germs.
Last Thoughts on Ceramic Coated Car Care
Regular maintenance is essential if you’re passionate about car-care. This article will explain how to clean your car after applying ceramic coating. We hope it clarifies any confusion and convinces you that investing in a high-quality ceramic coating is worthwhile. How we compare products will provide more information on the various detailing products. Keep following our blog to get more information, how-tos and the latest news in car detailing.